Tanzania Education Network/Mtandao wa Elimu Tanzania (TEN/MET) is a national Network of 152 members working in the education sector in Tanzania mainland since its inception in 1999. TEN/MET envisions a national education system through which every Tanzanian child has the opportunity to engage in quality education. The vision is enriched through its mission of coordinating and strengthening education civil society organizations in Tanzania through networking, capacity building, research, and advocacy
The second International Quality Education Conference (IQEC) is being organized by TEN/MET to provide an opportunity and avenue for policymakers, delegates across Africa and beyond, researchers, educationists, academia, stakeholders, and students to interact and share their experience and knowledge on the role of education in transforming global dynamics.
The theme of the conference is: Rethinking the Role of Education- At the Key Moment of Global Transformation.
The specific objectives of the conference are:
• To identify and discuss the future of education through a collective approach.
• To share experiences within Tanzania and beyond on what works well in the delivery of education.
• To disseminate research findings on different education studies
• To explore and share experience on innovative approaches to education financing – International/ and local perspectives.
• To provide opportunities for education stakeholders to showcase their initiatives/interventions/work in the sector.
• To influence education policy change in the right direction in the 21st century.
Conference expected outcomes
By the end of the conference participants will be able to:
● Develop and deliberate on innovative approaches to improving quality education.
● Share experience, technology, and expertise on effective governance of the education sector.
● Improved sustainable solutions to education financing.
● Conference proceedings and deliberations.
● Plausible solutions to address the issue of quality and relevance of education.