The Science, Skills and Conventions of Writing is an exciting series of fifteen webinars designed to transform instruction and expand teacher knowledge. The focus of each session is varied, but all presentations are evidence-informed, practical and designed to improve the written expression skills of students at both primary and secondary school.
- Strategies to engage and inspire poetic writing
- Understanding oral language foundations for writing
- Successful handwriting instruction for all students
- Formulas for Frames: A methodology for teaching students the why and how of employing specific grammatical devices within a narrative genre
- Viewing popular writing programs through the lens of the Simple View of Writing
- Handwriting difficulties - Intervention strategies
- Catching the Words - Effective strategies to build vocabulary
- The science of writing and Specific Learning Disorder with Impairment in Written Expression
- Sentence innovation and composition in a creative context
- Using drama to enhance writing
- Instructional approaches to support older struggling writers
- Reducing the impact of cognitive load on the writing process
- Creating successful writers: Non-fiction
- Delivering powerful feedback and monitoring progress against set goals
All sessions will be available on Wednesday 18 January 2023. Most presentations are 45 - 50 minutes in length, however, some are a little shorter and some are a little longer. Additionally, all sessions will be available until Friday 10 February 2023 enabling attendees to catch up or review these transformative presentations.
Click here to purchase your ticket to the Science, Skills and Conventions of Writing
Detailed information about the sessions, as well as the impressive list of engaging and knowledgeable presenters, can be found by clicking on each session below.